This ageless celebration first took place in the 18th century, and is now one of the most famous celebrations in the world. Carnival, celebrated the world over, is a five-day, four-night celebration that ends on Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras). The festival is the last hurrah before Ash Wednesday, which marks the first of forty days of Lent.
Carnival is when Catholics and others kick up their heels before the Lenten fast, and in Rio it’s done in style. Parades, costumes, street parties – called blocos – and Samba music call visitors and locals, young and old, to the street to celebrate.
Carnival is so popular in Rio that it can be hard to get access to all the most popular parts of the celebration. Southern Explorations’ new tour takes care of all the details, and makes sure travelers experience all the best parts of Rio’s Carnival festivities, plus the area’s most famous landmarks, including:
- Walking tours of Rio’s most famous neighborhoods, including Copacabana and Ipanema.
- The opportunity to observe – or join in – the blocos (street parties).
- Exploration of Sugar Loaf Mountain. Cable cars take visitors from the beach to nearly 1300 feet above sea level for a view up and down the coastline.
- A trip to Christ the Redeemer, a 100-foot statue that is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World. From the statue’s feet, travelers get a 360-degree view of the city.
- A day at the Sambadrome, the epicenter of Rio’s Carnival celebrations. Visitors can watch top Samba schools – some with more than 3,000 members – compete for top marks.
Southern Explorations has paired up with local Brazilian guides to create an authentic tour for Carnival enthusiasts and new visitors alike. The trip includes lodging, all pickups and drop offs from the airport, guide fees, entrance fees at events, and several meals. By taking care of the details, this Carnival tour lets travelers focus on having a fun, authentic experience. The 2018 trip takes place February 9 to February 13.
Southern Explorations has won several awards for their adventure tours that take place all across South America. To learn more, go to https://www.southernexplorations.com/about-us.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southern-explorations-launches-guided-rio-de-janeiro-carnival-tour-300531196.html
SOURCE Southern Explorations
Powered by WPeMatico