Los Angeles’ Largest Outdoor Ice-Skating Rink Announces a Series of Free and Festive Events Beginning Nov. 16
Press Release – updated: Oct 4, 2017 09:09 PDT
LOS ANGELES, October 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – The Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square, announces its return to downtown Los Angeles on Nov. 16, 2017 through Jan. 15, 2018. The beloved recreational landmark will kick off its 20th anniversary season with a festive series of free community and special events, including its Ice Breaker: Opening Celebration & Birthday Party, DJ Spotlights, Learn to Curl, Silent Skate Party, Vice on Ice, and Polar Bear Skate: The LA Edition.
For 20 years, the Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square has brought winter fun to sunny Los Angeles. At 7,200 square feet, it is the city’s largest outdoor rink, offering visitors professional-quality real ice for skating and entertainment. This year’s sponsors and media partners will include Bai, Eventbrite, Disney’s ALADDIN, LA Weekly, Metro, Metrolink, and Yelp. Additionally, a portion of all proceeds will benefit the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation & Parks.
In addition to providing hundreds of thousands of visitors and Los Angeles locals with a fun-filled outdoor ice-skating experience each year, the iconic venue also hosts several community events:
Whether you are a Los Angeles resident or simply visiting for the holiday season, the Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square is an absolute must when it comes to embracing winter in Los Angeles. This season especially, skaters and spectators can expect a ton of memorable events to share with their families and friends.
· Ice Breaker: Opening Ceremony & Birthday Party on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 11 a.m. Each year, the Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square celebrates the start of its season with a literal “ice breaking” ceremony, where a large ice sculpture is shattered. The epic christening includes a performance from Disney’s ALADDIN, impressive skate performances by the California Gold Synchronized Skaters, special guests and more.
· DJ Spotlights on select Thursdays from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Visitors can showcase their skating and dance skills as they swirl about the rink to a litany of popular songs selected by DJ HowLy. The 2017 series officially begins on Nov. 16.
· Arabian Nights: Disney’s ALADDIN theme skate every Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Guests will imagine themselves on a magic carpet ride as this unique new event will feature special purple rink lighting and music from the ALADDIN Original Broadway Cast Recording.
· Learn to Curl on Dec. 17, Jan. 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Visitors are encouraged to channel their inner Winter Olympian at this beginners’ curling pop-up hosted by the Hollywood Curling Club. Advanced registration is required.
· Silent Skate Party. On Thursday, Nov. 30 and Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., visitors are invited to dress up in their most festive attire as they partake in a fun-filled holiday skate party. There will be three different channels of music to dance/skate to, and the event is open to individuals of all ages.
· Vice on Ice on Tuesday, Dec. 19 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Glide around the ice to Vice’s genre-bending, high-energy sound. DJ Vice has been named one of “America’s Best DJs,” and he is a regular at some of the hottest clubs across the country, performing for sold-out audiences. Thanks to DJ Vice’s distinct ability to integrate adventure in every song, guests will be transported to cities around the world in this unforgettable experience on the ice!
· Polar Bear Skate: The LA Edition on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2018 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Experience Canada’s Polar Bear Plunge done the California way. Skaters are invited to ring in the New Year…in their chicest, wildest, and most inventive beach attire, of course. Spectators will judge as prizes are awarded based on theme, originality, and overall appearance.
“Whether you are a Los Angeles resident or simply visiting for the holiday season, the Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square is an absolute must when it comes to embracing winter in Los Angeles,” says Willy Bietak, president of Willy Bietak Productions. “This season especially, skaters and spectators can expect a ton of memorable events to share with their families and friends.”
General admission to the rink is $13 with skate rental included and special group rates offered Monday through Thursday. Tickets can be bought at the ice rink ticket window or in advance online at www.holidayicerinkdowntownla.com.
About Holiday Ice Rink® Pershing Square
Open seasonally and now celebrating its 20th anniversary, Bai Holiday Ice Rink Pershing Square is Los Angeles’ largest outdoor ice-skating rink. Welcoming more than 54,000 skaters and 450,000 spectators annually, the rink fosters community while embracing winter fitness and fun. Located at 532 South Olive Street, the landmark destination is easily accessible by car, bus or Metro (Pershing Square stop). A partnership with Metro and Metrolink allows riders to receive a $1 skating session discount. General admission is $13 and figure & hockey skates are included in the admission fee. Group rates and private party options available. To purchase tickets in advance and for schedule details, visit www.holidayicerinkdowntownla.com or call (213) 624-4289.
About Willy Bietak Productions
Santa Monica-based Willy Bietak Productions is a full-service production company specializing in the development and production of high-quality family entertainment. With a staff of award-winning designers, directors, choreographers and musical arrangers — backed by a talented production and management team — Willy Bietak Productions conceives, packages and tours
international entertainment spectaculars, as well as special events. For more information, please visit www.bietakproductions.com.
Tyler Barnett PR
Source: Pershing Square Holiday Ice Rink
Powered by WPeMatico